Monday 5 November 2012

Research and planning

Today we discussed what we had left to do and what we have learnt from our research. I feel I have learnt a large amount of information about camera angles, as the main shot used in thrillers is high to low angle, because it shows status and also the tracking angle, because it conveys a fast pace. Moreover, at the very beginning of the course I had no idea what mise en scene was at all, now I can name types of it and understand what they symbolism for example a purple costume can symbolize wealth, as it refers to royalty. Furthermore, I learnt editing keywords like cross cutting, but feel I need to look over this and add main techniques to my research. However, I have learnt a lot about lighting and sound as well. Therefore, we can use this research to plan our own thriller opening for example we could use a low key red gel to connote danger through the lighting as this is a convention of thriller genre; this is yet another fact our group found while researching.
To do list!
These are our dead lines for the project.
However now we have chosen to do the thriller hybrid film noir mystery, so will have to go back on our research evaluate a film noir. Therefore I have decided it would be good to add to my research, so I am going to evaluate and research a film noir thriller opening to understand them better as we haven't done any of this in our previous research.

No comments:

Post a Comment