Tuesday 27 November 2012

First editing Practice!






In this lesson we learnt how to use adobe premier pro on the mac laptops recreating a short extract we watched from its raw files. I found this very interesting and quite fun as it has some of the same techniques used in photoshop. However it was quite difficult at times as I haven't used macs before it took a little time for me to get used to especially right clicking instead you have to press shift on the keyboard and then click on the one buttoned mouse. Nevertheless practice makes perfect so our end result is above, and apparently all high end film making industries and directors use apple as it is the most well known technical company. After that we analysed our editing skills which is shown on the photo attached.

On the photo attached is also a diagram of the 180 degree rule which basically makes the continuity (realism/verisimilitude) of films better. This is because the audience feels more secure while seeing the same space in the shot reverse shot. the following video shows how it works in more detail:




This photo is of my notes I took as we learnt how to use the program so when we need to edit our own thriller opening I will be able to look back at my notes which will help me remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment